This is the most important request for donations that we’ve sent in our 50-year history.
With so much uncertainty ahead of us, combined with the postponement of our annual Gala, which raises over $800,000 (25% of our budget), we urgently need your help to continue providing services that keep homeless families safe and stable.
Raphael House is in a very vulnerable position due to COVID-19. Being 100% community-funded allows us to offer personalized services to every family. Unlike many other organizations in the Bay Area, Raphael House cannot rely on the stability of government funding and we need your support to help make up for the loss of revenue from our Gala.
We come to you with two requests:
- Make a donation today, rather than waiting until later in the year. No matter what size your gift is, we will be grateful.
- Consider making a larger gift than last year. All new money will be matched dollar for dollar, up to $200,000. This means gifts from new donors, and increases in gift size from existing donors.
We are grateful to a longtime donor who has gone above and beyond to provide a $200K matching gift. This individual hopes our supporters will recognize the urgency of generously giving to Raphael House to continue our critical services that help homeless families in the Bay Area. Please click here to make a donation today.
With your generous support, we have been able to create a safe home for our current residents and we have the ability to help many more families who are experiencing homelessness. But without immediate financial support from our community, we risk cuts to staff and services in the next month that would mean fewer families receiving our care.
In just a matter of days, all of our daily lives have completely shifted. One thing that cannot change is Raphael House’s capacity to help families find and maintain stable housing, financial stability, and overall wellness.
Your donations will enable us to maintain our current support while expanding our emergency assistance to families at risk of and experiencing homelessness. This includes:
- Emergency gift cards for essentials like groceries and utility bills
- Emergency meal kits to fight hunger during school closures and layoffs
- Support to help meet housing, career, academic, and wellness goals
- Assistance connecting with community-wide supportive services
- Cleaning/sanitizing supplies to keep our residents and staff safe from COVID-19
Raphael House has faced many hard moments over its 50 years, and we’ve prevailed with the support of our community. We understand that everyone is in a vulnerable position during this crisis. We hope you are doing everything you need to keep you and your loved ones healthy and safe. We are asking you to enable Raphael House to do everything that we can to keep our families healthy and safe. Please make a donation today—we need your support to meet this challenge.
Thank you for your generosity and your spirit of community. We wish you strength and love during this unprecedented moment in all of our lives.