At Raphael House, we partner with families experiencing homelessness as they work toward achieving long-term housing and financial stability. Ours is a nurturing, supportive, and collaborative process that emphasizes the importance of personal dignity, autonomy, and empowerment.
While Raphael House’s budget is small compared to our impact, we have been the leader in providing client-focused and highly individualized wraparound services for each and every one of our families. Services families have access to long after they’ve left our shelter.
We believe each individual has the ability to achieve their own success, and our families know they are not alone on that journey.
See below for a snapshot of how we positively impacted our community last year.
In our last fiscal year (August 1, 2021 – July 31, 2022), we:
- Served 150% more meals than we did in FY21
- Exceeded our goals to deliver Financial Assistance for Family Stability, delivering direct aid to 10% more families
- Grew our tutoring program by 70%, and 89% of kids in that program showed improved academic performance
- Both our Residential and Bridge Programs saw positive percentage increases by 2% and 7%, respectively, in the number of families who are able to find and maintain stable housing
None of this could have been possible without the generous support of our community of donors and volunteers. We’d especially like to thank our top corporate and foundation funders for being the cornerstone that helps make this all possible!
- George H. Sandy Foundation
- Solid Rock Foundation
- Maverick Capital Foundation
- Bella Vista Foundation
- Calvary Presbyterian Church
- Delta Dental Of California Community Foundation
- Dodge & Cox
- Episcopal Impact Fund
- Qatalyst Partners
- The Walter & Elise Haas Fund