For low-income families and families experiencing homelessness, the holidays can be especially difficult. Many families parents struggle to provide gifts for their children or host their own holiday festivities.
This holiday season, you can help families at Raphael House enjoy a holiday season full of warmth without putting their financial stability at risk. With generous support from contributors like you, Raphael House can continue to provide gifts to families in our Residential Shelter and Bridge Programs through Adopt-A-Family.
How Adopt-A-Family Works
Getting involved with Adopt-A-Family at Raphael House is easy!
- Step 1: Please read our FAQs for full details before signing up.
- Step 2: Sign up here. Please email any questions to [email protected]
- Step 3: We match you with a family and send you their wish list.
- Step 4: You buy the gifts and deliver them to us unwrapped in December.
- Step 5: We provide families with gift wrap. Gift wrap material donations are welcome!
- Step 6: Families pick up their gifts in mid-December!
We understand the holidays are a busy time, so leave the shopping to us! If you’re unable to directly purchase gifts for a Raphael House family, but would like to make an impact in our annual drive, you can make a direct donation to our Express Adopt-A-Family fund. Your donation will be used to purchase gifts and gift cards for the families we serve at Raphael House. You can also shop our Amazon wish list!
Gift Drop-Off Dates
Raphael House staff members and volunteers will be available to receive your gifts, make sure they are properly labeled, and organize them for families to pick up at a later date. Gifts can be dropped off at Raphael House at 1065 Sutter St. in San Francisco (at Larkin & Sutter) during several drop off dates in December. The drop off dates are:
- December 8 — 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
- December 9 — 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- December 10 — 8:00 am – 7:00 pm