To Our Raphael House Supporters:
Raphael House remains committed to providing a safe, welcoming environment for all. In response to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, Raphael House is taking extra precautions to ensure the health and safety of our staff, guests, volunteers, and families in our Residential Shelter.
Raphael House staff is following the San Francisco Department of Public Health’s guidelines and best practices (updated on March 11) for service providers of persons experiencing homelessness.
In addition, Raphael House is also:
- Providing all guests and residents with wash areas and sanitizing supplies to help prevent the spread of germs
- Educating all guests and residents on cough/sneeze etiquette and hand hygiene
- Encouraging staff to work from home whenever possible and if applicable to the employee’s job duties
- Following a comprehensive cleaning schedule that will prioritize wiping down common areas
- Suspending all individual and volunteer groups until further notice
- Limiting in-person meetings only for essential needs; all other services are being provided on a remote basis
- Suspending our Tutoring Clubs, Toddler Time, Children’s Evening Program, Family Activities, ESL classes, and all other onsite activities until further notice
Raphael House’s Residential Shelter Program will continue without interruption.
In an effort to keep our community safe, we will be rescheduling our shopping fundraiser event at Neiman Marcus. Our One Home, Many Hearts Gala has been rescheduled to Saturday, September 12th. Until then, we will closely monitor alerts from the SFDPH and CDC to ensure community safety.
We are accepting donations of essential shelter items to help us provide the exceptional service we are known for. You can see our wishlist here.
We are grateful for the outpouring of support from our donors and volunteers. Our commitment to families experiencing homelessness is unwavering, and we can only maintain it thanks to you.